Entry discount for the Music+Sound Awards 2017
This week the Music+Sound Awards opened for 2017 global entries. Celebrating creative excellence in film, TV and advertising music and sound, they present awards for best original composition, best sound design, best sync, best re-records and best use of production music across 35 categories. This year, everyone who has a ticket voor Buma Music in Motion 2017 and everyone who attended 2016’s edition, receive an entry discount. Contact Buma Music in Motion for the discount code.
Six years ago the Awards were formed to establish a global standard of excellence in film, TV and advertising music and sound, and to recognise those who create, source, license and commission it. In the words of jury member, Nigel Marchant, an Executive Producer on the global TV hit, ‘Downton Abbey’, "The Music+Sound Awards are a wonderful way to celebrate the indispensable role of music and sound design in television drama and the rest of the media, and continue to reward the outstanding and innovative work that is produced globally." A 30+ strong judging panel of esteemed industry authorities from around the world will meticulously assess each entry in May. The panel, including Amsterdam’s Darre van Dijk, CCO at TBWA, music supervisor and Michiel Marsman at Sizzer Amsterdam, will determine the best and brightest and enable the global recognition and accolade they deserve.
Managing Director, Emma Maguire says, "This year is a big one for us with the integration of our two competitions into one global programme. We’d like to thank the community for their continued support and enthusiasm and wish everyone the best of luck. We can’t wait to see what 2017 brings from around the world!" The Music+Sound Awards continue to proudly support Nordoff Robbins, the music therapy charity, with a donation from each submission going to this life-changing charity. The Awards will be open for entry until midnight on Friday 31st March. Entry details and competition rules can be found on the awards site, www.masawards.com.
2017 Music+Sound Awards' Key Information
- ENTRY WINDOW: January 16th 2017 to March 31st 2017
- ELIGIBILITY WINDOW: work must have been first broadcast or released, with client approval, or made, in the case of short films, between 1st April 2016 – 31st March 2017
- SUBMISSIONS can be made via the awards site: www.masawards.com
- ENTRY FEES (includes a £5 donation to charity partner, music therapists, Nordoff Robbins)
- Advertising, Television + Film (discounted*) - £115 + VAT (where applicable)
- Short Film - £55 + VAT (where applicable)
* Those who attended 2016's BMIM and will be attending BMIM 2017, receive a discount. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the discount code.